3 Easy Post-holiday Design Ideas to Refresh the Home
Tuesday Jan 11 2022
Putting the holiday décor away is a bittersweet experience. It’s nice to have things back in order, but it can also leave things feeling… bare. After all, glitter and lights and packages galore can be a tough act to follow! If you now find yourself feeling the post-holiday void (or you simply want a new ‘do for 2022), try these three simple tricks:
1. SET YOUR SIGHTS ON HEIGHT
A common design slip comes when décor items used are all the same (or nearly the same) height. It’s one of the great things about a Christmas tree — it adds height to a space. Follow the pine’s flair for design and introduce another taller element into your space and see if it doesn’t create some more interest.
Height to Try:
- A tall furniture item, such as a cabinet or
- Floor lamp
- Plants: Why should evergreens have all the fun? Try a faux tree. Olive is one of our favs! (available at The Black Goose Design). If you have a green thumb, you can always go for the real deal, which is good for you and good looking!
2. ADD A TOUCH OF TEXTURE
Just as the holidays warm a space with furs and flannels and all the warmth of winter, texture can continue to create a cozy vibe well into spring.
Texture to Try:
- Add a throw to your sofa
- Try new throw pillows on for size
- Update an area rug
3. PLAY DRESS UP
Kids aren’t the only ones who love a good game of dress up. Dress those windows with new window treatments. Like icing on the cake, this is a sweet way to transform a space with a perfect finishing touch!
Treatments to Try:
- Drapery panels on larger windows
- Roman shades in the kitchen
Chase those winter blues away with these easy-to-apply ideas. They’ll add instant warmth to your home and fill that holiday void in no time. Our designers at The Black Goose Design in Midvale, Utah are always happy to meet and discuss your unique space and ideal solutions. Call to schedule a consultation today.