Thursday Jun 22 2017
Warmer weather evenings are upon us and we have helpful tips on how to entertain outdoors with serious style this summer! Gather your dearest family and friends and create a memorable outdoor evening filled with simple designer details.
- Scatter cozy cushions, throw pillows and snuggle-worthy blankets throughout your party. Guests will feel right at home and will want to linger a little longer!
- Use light and fresh neutral coloring in table linens. This can give you a good foundation allowing for mixing in a variety of dishes, cups and flatware. This combination always invites a comfortable and casual feel.
- Define and soften your entertaining space with a table runner or a patterned tablecloth. This will add color, texture and pattern into your outdoor area.
- Create outdoor "stations" that will encourage your guests to mingle throughout the entire space of the party. Perhaps setting up a drink station on a darling bar cart, or a delectable dessert table across the patio giving your guests a chance to tour all of the outdoor details.
- Utilize your entire yard. Whether you have an intimate space or a wide open area, use it to your advantage. Provide casual conversation areas by grouping seating options together like textured wicker chairs or plush ground pillows so guests are comfortable! Always be sure to place plenty of throw blankets throughout your space for chillier evenings.
- Simple centerpieces such as fresh-cut flowers grouped in jars can make a statement without feeling too frilly! Serving edible treats are also an easy way to please your party guests and add color to your table . We see you eyeing those delectable goodies! Check out one of our favorite places to pick up these delightful sweets and fresh-baked goods at the Naborhood Bakery and cafe at Gardner Village, located right around the corner from The Black Goose Design in West Jordan, Utah.
- Make sure you keep the ambience going throughout the entire evening by stringing patio lights or dispersing soft glowing candles for mood lighting. A little magical glow goes a long way!
- Group large glass jars together for a light and relaxed look, add fresh greenery clippings and your table is set for a cozy and casual evening.
A simple summer gathering is meant to be relaxing and enjoyable for everyone, even the host. With just a few details you can entertain effortlessly and enjoy having your dearest friends and family all-together for a most memorable outdoor evening!